Have you thought about how you intend to exit your business?
Do you have a written plan to guide how you will maximize the return on your investment of time and money in your business?
Planning your exit is just as important as the plans you made to start your business. Every entrepreneur needs to think about their exit. After all, it will come one way or the other, on your terms or someone else’s terms.
Did You Know?
- According to a recent survey of small business owners by M&A Today, 65% do not know what their company is worth and 85% have no exit strategy.
- “Owners without an exit strategy will likely sell at a discount. Gigantic amounts of wealth are not going to be realized because of a lack of planning.” – Kiplinger
- “We have projected that over the next 12-15 years, more than 8 million privately-held US companies will be sold.” – Exit Planning Institute
- “It takes approximately 2 years of focused activity to get your business ready to sell at a reasonable price.” Exit Planning Institute
- “Currently, 33% of business owners in America will successfully transfer their family business to the next generation.” – Family Firm Institute
- “An estimated 7 million business owners will exit their businesses over the next 20 years.” Exit Planning Institute
PEAK Business Advising and our team draw on years of experience working with business owners to address the following key exit planning areas:
Establishing the current market value of your business with a comprehensive business valuation
Setting goals and objectives for your exit date
Planning for unforeseen events during the sales process
Tax minimization strategies
Finding the right buyer for your company
Negotiating the sale to a successful close
CONTACT US to learn more.